Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Eve

All together 
As I already told you in the last post, this time I celebrated the New Year 
at Antonio's house near Bergamo with friends...
We were in 12 and cooking the big dinner for all us was really an hard work:
can you believe that we started preparing stuff after lunch?! Gosh, this is madness!
I never did something like this before :S! 
The menù was sophisticated (al least for me that I never cooked in my whole life)
but simple at the same time...
We started with some canapès, brochettes, spring rolls and many other appetizers;
then Daniel and Antonio cooked cream-and-salmon pasta and a yummy South American rice dish.
After the starters traditional pork sausage and lentils were waiting for us and for dessert instead we had a sort of tiramisù (unfortunately not well done but eatable at least xD) and a light strawberry yogurt cake in addition to typical pandoro and panettone.
At the end everybody was full but at the stroke of midnght nothing could stop us from jumping, dancing, poppin' champagne, laughing and shouting out loud 
to welcome as best as we can the New Year.
We also shot some fireworks at the garden but the best thing of all was sending to the sky all our wishes and desires for 2012 written on a Chinese sky lantern: It was very touching...
I hope you had a great party too and I wish that 2012 brings happiness and peace 
to all of you and your beloved ones...
Happy New Year guys!




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...